Garage doors can enhance the look of your home, but choosing the door that is right for your home may seem like a daunting task. We make it easy. If you know what you want, we can have a service technician measure the door and give you a free estimate. If you are not sure what you want, we have several ways in which can assist you.
Two ways to shop:
1. Visit our showroom in Aurora (near outlet mall). Call 630.978.0758 to schedule appointment. We have full size doors, samples and color samples. Window options and hardware optoins are available for you. Computerized door design is available at the showroom.
2. Call us to shedule an appointment at your home. One of our representatives will come to your home to measure your door and help you select a door that is right for your home.
Not sure what door you want? Use Amarr's Door Designer to help you select. Select from designs and styles or take a picture of your own home and insert designs and colors to help you find the look and style that is right for you.
Some things to consider when choosing a door:
1. Does your garage door imact the appearance of your home? Doors facing the street will be a part of the street-appeal and may be an important factor in re-sale value. If you plan on selling in the next five years, consider some styles that might update your home. Raised panels, bead board and carriage-house looks can really add flair to your home. Some of these options are very affordable now. Decorative hardware can also enhance the look of the door. Windows are always a way to create a new look.
2. Do you spend time in your garage? Lighting and insulation are issues to consider if you spend time working in your garage. Windows allow natural light into your work area. Doors with higher R-Values might be something to consider if your heat your garage or spend time working in it.
3. Is your garage heated? If you heat your garage, you may consider doors that have higher R-Values, or better insulation. There are pros and cons to higher R-Value doors and we don't recommend them for every door, but if you are heating your garage, it is an important factor to consider.
4. Is there a bedroom above the garage? Consider installing a belt drive operator with your new door. Belt drive operators are much quieter than chain drive operators. Do you have teenagers and you want to know when they get home? No problem. The new Liftmaster products have new technology that alerts your phone when someone opens the garage door. You can also operate your door from your phone.